The Fall 2023 Commencement Ceremony will take place on Friday, December 15th inside the Duke Wells Center with one ceremony at 11 a.m. Doors will open for the general public at 10 a.m.
Faculty and professional staff members will robe in the rear hallway on the first floor of the Wells Center. Roll call for faculty and staff will begin at 10:45 a.m. Dr. Donald Kelly, Assistant Professor of Sociology and President of the Faculty Senate, will lead faculty members.
- South Wells Center lot, located directly in front of the Duke Wells Center
- If the lot is full, handicapped individuals may be dropped off in the South Wells Center lot
- it is important that handicap placards are visibly displayed upon entrance to this area
- Formby Athletic Center Lot, located northeast of the Duke Wells Center
- Main Campus, with shuttle service available at 12th and Wilson
Shuttles will be available from 9:30 a.m. until 2 p.m., providing free transportation between 12th & Wilson Streets and the Duke Wells Center.
Check-in for graduates will begin at 9 a.m. inside the Wells Center Auxiliary Gymnasium. Early arrival is recommended. Please pay close attention to the signs upon entering the Wells Gymnasium. Graduates should proceed immediately to the check-in station upon arrival.
The Henderson State University Alumni Association is hosting a Cap’d Out Graduation Party on Tuesday, December 5 from 3-7 p.m. at the Barkman House for graduates to pick up their caps and gowns (view schedule). Please reach out to the Alumni Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Once your graduation application has been submitted to the Registrar's Office and you have received a signed copy sent to your @reddies.hsu.edu email, please visit the HSU Reddie Bookstore to order your cap and gown. Graduate students and those not on campus can email the bookstore at email@example.com upon completion of your graduation applications. Caps and gowns will be available for pick-up at the above mentioned, Cap’d out event.
If you have an outstanding balance on your account, you will need to stop by the Business Office (Third Floor Womack Hall) before attempting to pick up your cap and gown. Please remember, your diploma will not be mailed to you, nor will you be able to receive an official transcript if you have an outstanding balance on your account.
Honors stoles (undergrad students only) are offered through the bookstore for the following.
- Cum Laude (3.50 - 3.749 cumulative GPA) = Ivory Stole
- Magna Cum Laude (3.75 - 3.849 cumulative GPA) = Gray Stole
- Summa Cum Laude (3.85 - 4.00 cumulative GPA) = Red Stole
- First Generation College Graduate = Peach Stole
*All other stoles and cords offered by various student organizations are to be obtained directly from those organizations.