Admission to the MBA program is contingent upon the applicant having a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a grade performance indicating probable success at the graduate level. In addition, performance on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is used in evaluating an applicant.
The MBA program can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis; students may take courses on the Arkadelphia or Hot Springs campuses or online.
The following minimum criteria must be met in order to be considered for review for admission to the MBA program:
- A 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Approval from the Dean of the Graduate School and the Dean of the School of Business
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.70 OR 3.0 undergraduate GPA in the last 60 hours
- A minimum GMAT score of 400* OR Minimum GRE score of 470 Verbal/410 Quantitative*
- A minimum GPA/GMAT index of 1000 (formula: GPA x 200 plus GMAT score equals index)
- A minimum TOEFL of 550 OR IELTS of 6.5 (International students only)
* Students who have an undergraduate GPA which equals or exceeds 3.50 OR 3.0 in last 60 hours OR 5 years work experience OR 2.7-2.99 with 3 years of work experience OR 2.5-2.69 with 5 years of work experience are exempted from taking the GMAT/GRE. If the GMAT/GRE is required, it must be taken (with the minimum score and index obtained) before enrolling in the 3rd MBA course. For information on the GMAT or GRE, visit www.mba.com or http://www.ets.org/gre.
All incoming students are required to attend the MBA Bootcamp. This course will prepare students using online pre-work in accounting, finance, data science/economics, management, and marketing. The MBA Bootcamp will engage students in an intensive immersion course in an online environment emphasizing quantitative skills such as accounting, finance, and data science. This is a credit/no-credit course.
Admission to Candidacy for MBA Degree
A student may be admitted to candidacy for the MBA degree upon meeting the following requirements:
- Students must apply for candidacy upon completion of nine (9) hours and prior to completion of twelve (12) hours with a grade point of 3.00 or better
- Completion of application form filed with the Dean of Graduate School