Before you visit the HSU Archives, please make an appointment with the University Archivist and develop a clear idea of what you are looking for or wish to see.
When you visit the HSU Archives for the first time, a user must complete and sign the User Registration Form. A current photo ID is required.
During your visit to the HSU Archives:
- Patrons must sign themselves in and out.
- Archival material must be signed in and out.
- Notify Archivist of changes in registration information.
- Use only a limited amount of material at one time. Researchers may be required to return materials before additional materials are released to them.
- Handle all material with great care; researchers who mishandle material may be denied access to holdings.
- Do not alter the existing order of material under any circumstances. Keep papers neatly stacked within folders.
- Archival materials do not circulate and the Archives stacks are not open to researchers.
- The use of pens is prohibited.