Student Health and Wellness


Henderson State University requires the following immunizations:

Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)

  • 2 doses Measles, 2 doses Rubella and 2 doses Mumps Required for all freshmen and foreign-born students.
  • 1 dose Measles, 1 dose Rubella AND 1 dose Mumps is Required for all transfer (30 hours or greater) and graduate students.
  • Re-immunization is necessary when Rubella, Rubeola, Mumps or MMR was administered before 12 months of age/or before 1968.

In addition, Henderson recommends the following vaccinations for students:

  • COVID-19 Vaccines
  • Meningococcal (one dose preferably before entry into college. Freshmen living in residence halls have an increased risk).
  • Hepatitis B (three doses of vaccine)
  • Tetanus/Diptheria (Booster within the last 10 years)

All documentation must be signed by a physician or authorized health-care provider or a copy of an official immunization record may be attached.

To request an exemption for immunizations, email An exemption must be completed each year that you are a student at Henderson State University. Once the form is completed, mail it to:

Arkansas Department of Health
4815 West Markham - Mailslot 48
Little Rock, AR 72205

Once you receive your exemption from the state, bring a copy to Student Health and Wellness.

As of June 1, 2011, The Arkansas Department of Health Vaccine For Children will no longer be available in colleges. Students will be referred to the Department of Health or a primary care physician.

Immunization Form

Permission to Release/Transfer Medical Information Form